Below are some resources to help you manage international adult care responsibilities.

U.S. Department of Citizenship and Immigration Services

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is the government agency that oversees lawful immigration to the United States.

Immigration Attorney

You can locate an immigration attorney through this webpage provided by U.S. Department of Citizenship and Immigration Services. The site is designed to help answer basic questions about common immigration issues and help citizens locate resources to address various legal concerns around immigration.

National Elder Law Foundation (NELA)

The National Elder Law Foundation is the only national certifying program for adult law and special needs attorneys. The website contains resources to help you locate professionally certified adult law and special needs attorneys throughout the country.

Emory International

A program available through Emory Healthcare, Emory International provides specialized care coordination that offers personalized assistance to international patients and can coordinate an international patient’s entire healthcare-related visit, across all specialties.


e4Health provides employee caregivers with an opportunity to speak with an adult care specialist over the telephone. This complimentary service is available to all Emory employees. These professionally trained specialists can help you:

  1. Identify presenting problems and locate local and national resources to you manage the care of loved one.
  2. Provide basic education and insight to topics such as dementia, aging in place, assisted living, nursing care, Hospice, financing long term care, end of life issues and common health concerns of the elderly.
  3. Locate support groups and other professionals that may be helpful to you as a caregiver (including adult law attorneys, professional geriatric care managers, home health care and companion providers, etc).
  4. Offer you practical tips that can help you identify characteristics of quality care providers.

To speak with an adult care specialist, contact e4Health at (800)-537-2153 or by email.

Atlanta Regional Commission – Local Area Agency on Aging

As the Area Agency on Aging, the Atlanta Regional Commission plans and provides comprehensive services to address the needs of the region's older population. The agency provides a continuum of home and community-based services, including information and referral services, case management, transportation, home-delivered meals, senior centers, legal services and more.

ARC also houses the Georgia Cares unit for the Atlanta Region and is a community resource for help with Medicare, Medicaid, prescription assistance and long-term care insurance.

National Area Agencies on Aging (N4a)

N4a provides the leading voice on aging services in America. They provide a network of home and community based services, advocacy, training, and technical assistance to help find resources for aging adults in the United States. The national office can assist in locating local offices throughout the country.