By: Mary Ellen Nessmith, MPA
The Emory WorkLife Resource Center is pleased to announce Care Consultation. This is the university’s latest enhancement to the Emory Caregiver Support Program.
The Emory Caregiver Support Program, already recognized nationally as an exemplary employer-sponsored support program for caregivers, is excited to now offer in-person or telephonic care consultations at Emory. The goal of the consultation is to provide quality assistance to university employees with adult caregiving responsibilities. The consultation, provided by a work-Life specialist, with a professional background in the field of aging, is available to help employees navigate all that Emory has available to help them manage their care responsibilities, as well as help them with problem solving, planning and trouble-shooting.
Care Consultations include:
• navigation of The Emory Caregiver Support Program
• planning for your own long-term care
• preparing to become a family caregiver
• assistance with problem solving, planning, monitoring, and implementation of care plans
• assessment of caregiving situation and identification of resources inside and outside of Emory
• provide information and referrals for concerns such as Medicare and Medicaid
• understanding end of life issues
• tapping into local, state, and national resources
• guidance for employees caring for individuals with memory issues
• referrals to FSAP for counseling, support and caregiver wellness
• service is available in person, by phone or email
Contact Mary Ellen Nessmith at (404)-727-4177 if you have any questions related to Care Consultation or The Emory Caregiver Support Program.